Article by Dr. Leaver & Dr. Gardner
If you’re ready to start building that beautiful new smile, it’s important to ask prospective orthodontists the right questions so you can make the best decision for your family. Leaver & Gardner Orthodontics are specialists in providing healthy smiles to patients of all ages, and we want to help you find the right professional for your needs. To guide you in this process, our team of specialists has compiled a list of the 5 most important questions to ask when choosing an orthodontist.
WHAT TYPES OF SERVICES DO YOU OFFER?
One of the first things you want to know from your prospective orthodontist is the range of services and treatments they offer. You want to know that the professional you choose can handle any minor or major issues during treatment. At Leaver & Gardner Orthodontics, we offer various treatments for patients of all ages:
- Metal braces: Traditional metal braces are still the most popular for orthodontic care. We offer Damon Self-Ligating braces, which, unlike traditional metal braces, don’t use elastics. This cutting-edge metal braces system is sleeker, speeds up your treatment time, and requires fewer visits to our office!
- Invisalign: We also offer Invisalign, a revolutionary treatment system that uses clear aligners to move teeth into the correct position. Invisalign uses nearly invisible, removable trays worn 22 hours a day to shift your teeth into the proper alignment gradually.
- Clear braces: Our Damon clear braces are made from ceramic, making them a much more discrete alternative to traditional metal appliances.
- Palatal Expanders: These devices widen the upper jaw and help correct crossbites.
- Two-phase treatments: This is a treatment style that helps children who have severe jaw problems. During the first phase, Dr. Leaver or Dr. Gardner will use orthodontic devices to align the teeth properly. During the second phase, when all adult teeth have emerged, they will use braces to stabilize them in their correct positions.
WHAT EXPERIENCE DO YOU HAVE? ARE YOU A CERTIFIED ORTHODONTIC SPECIALIST?
It’s essential to make sure the orthodontist you’re considering is a certified specialist. This means they have completed an accredited orthodontic residency program and can diagnose and treat a wide range of problems. Our practice is led by Dr. Leaver and Dr. Gardner, certified professionals passionate about helping clients build their dream smiles.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT DURING MY TREATMENT?
It’s essential to understand the treatment plan in store for you. One of our head orthodontists will provide you with a detailed plan that includes the estimated length of your treatment, how often you will need to visit for check-ups and adjustments, what to expect during the process and any other details that you need to know.
WHAT PAYMENT OPTIONS DO YOU OFFER?
No one wants to be surprised with unexpected costs, so ask about their payment policies. Because we believe that everyone should be able to afford the smile of their dreams, our office offers flexible payment plans that can be tailored to meet your individual needs.
DO YOU OFFER FREE CONSULTATIONS?
It’s always a good idea to take advantage of free consultations when considering orthodontists. This allows you to meet the doctors and get a feel for the office without having to dish out for each introductory appointment. At our office, we want to get to know you—free of charge. During your free consultation, Dr. Leaver or Dr. Gardner will draw up a personalized treatment plan for your unique needs, helping you understand if we’re a good fit.
LEAVE YOUR SMILE TO LEAVER & GARDNER ORTHODONTICS
Selecting the right orthodontist is a big deal. After all, you want to trust this person to perfect the one smile you get in this life. So take the time to ask the right questions and do it right. We are excited to help you create the smile you have always wanted. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation and get started on the journey to your beautiful, healthy smile!